Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine's Day is Almost Upon Us - Are you Ready?

Sending Valentines is so much different now to when I was young - yes I was young once!  Then you would only send to someone you secretly admired or to whom you were married/engaged/courting.  (See I even use old fashioned words).  Now though you send cards to family members, friends, co-workers - much more scope for our creativity isn't there.  However, the downside is figuring out those masculine cards.  It's always easy to do the fussy, flowery ones (I'll post one later this week), but the masculine is a much greater challenge.

Here's one I created for my grandson and it doesn't require stamping if you're not a stamper.  I used scraps from my scrap bin, do you have any?  I pierced the brown patterned paper with my trusty Tim Holz ruler and my Tim Holtz/Tonic piercing tool then sewed with red floss to hold the nuts that I took out of my hubby's tool box.  The brown mat was edged with red cardstock and the hearts punched from red cardstock, all mounted on a white card base.  The sentiment I wrote with my black Micron pen (love those pens).  I didn't try to keep the writing even because I wanted it to look funky with the dots added to each letter.  Click on the photo for a larger view.  All in all I was pleased with the results and the little time it took.  Try one if you have to create a masculine Valentine.

Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment