Friday, January 25, 2013

Deep Freeze

Are you enjoying it?  I'm not, I'm just not a winter body and don't like these days when it's hard to get your breath the air is so cold.
My dear hubby was just a little north the other day with a group that were dog sledding in South River and the temperature there was -40 Celsius.  Reminds me of the winters we used to have 25 or so years ago.
Still it's almost February so not much more to go.....sorry to all the readers who enjoy the winter, but I just don't and I'm the scribe here!

We had a great class last night playing with some Distress Inks using the direct to paper method of inking.
Some of the ladies had a WOW moment when they learned to make the tiny wee hearts from Stickles for their valentine card.

The third card we stamped just a small portion of a Kaiser Craft bird stamp making a very effective focal point.  Here's the valentine card, but to see the others, jump on over here to our flickr site, you'll also see the cards we made in the last Thursday Technique Class.

These classes are filling up really fast, so if you want to participate make sure you call or drop in well before the next class.  I think there are only two spots left for the February 7th class.

Don't forget the Crop and Craft Nights that are held every other Friday too. This is an opportunity to learn a multitude of different crafts as well as to be able to scrapbook if you choose.
This coming Friday we will have three people I will be teaching to knit, and Linda will be giving some instruction on a photo editing program to two others.
So if there's anything you would like to learn, ask us about it and maybe we can teach you, just don't ask me to teach you to knit socks!  I don't do circular or double pointed needles too well, but I have knitted many different patterned stitches which I can teach you.
Maybe it's embroidery you would like to learn?  That's taking on a new life lately with more people wanting to learn the many beautiful embroidery stitches.  I recently completed a table runner for Linda (yes it took me a year in between my other projects) that was a Swedish Weaving design.
So talk to us if there's some needle art you'd like to know more about and we'll see if we can help you on a Crop and Craft Night.

I found a lovely font recently which cardmakers and scrapbookers alike may enjoy.  You can download it for free here, just make sure that you are comfortable with downloading from the site.  I had no issues at all and have used the font already.

Linda and I have started planning an all day card making day.  We are waiting for date confirmation for the venue before we can announce it as a go.  As always we have too many ideas, so we have to pare it down a bit to stay within our five hour time frame.  This will be a mix of all occasion cards, so watch for the date announcement.


Here's a look at a couple of necklaces I made recently which I not only love the
look of, but thoroughly enjoyed the technique as I made it.
The grey stone on the left was hard to get a photo of because of the light reflection. Basically it's a donut shaped stone wrapped in silver wire with silver beads added to the edge on each wrap.  The same technique was used on the blue and green glass donut on the right here.

Hope to see you in the store soon, but until then,

Happy Crafting,

Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment