Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just a Quick Post Today

I had meant to post the gift tags that were made in the Christmas Card Class and totally forgot about them with all the other ideas.  So here as promised for Amie is a photo of the gift tags that were an extra in the card class.  They were quick assembly tags to show the ladies how they can use their scraps effectively.

I've been working on a layout from the Valerie Salmon "Got Sketch" layout I mentioned in the previous blog from here.   (I'm not allowed to re-post Valerie Salmon's sketch, so look at that from this link). 

I'm very much a two page scrapbooker, so had to come up with another page first to go with this sketch.  I found one on the Page Maps website (another "go to" favourite) that with a little adjustment I think I like.  You can see above where I started with the page maps sketch. It's an 8.5 x 11 page from September 2012, so I had to do some adjustment for to make it into a 12 x 12 page first.  

Here is the Page Maps sketch adjusted to a 12 x 12 to work for me. I didn't like the hexagons for this particular layout, so will use a paper to coordinate with the Valerie Salmon layout.  You can see other changes I've made such as flipping the layout, adding another narrow photo  moving the tall embellishment. and making the journaling piece larger.


Here's where I'm at with both pages adjusted and put together for a two page 12 x 12 layout.  I'm a bit "up in the air" as to which one of these I will use actually.  I like the narrow photos on the right hand page of the top layout, but may use the wider ones on the lower layout dependent on what photos I find.
So what do you think?  Any thoughts?  I'm still not sure about the bracket background, but didn't like it when I removed it and made it straight as the right hand page is.

Gotta run now, I'm working on a sample for tomorrow night's gift class.  It's to show the ladies how they can enlarge on what they will be making tomorrow.  You will get to see it after the class is complete.

Until Later, Happy Crafting,

Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment