Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We're Doing it Again - Are You Going to Play With Us?

Here we go with another blog challenge

Recently our friend Lisa was shopping in the store and told us she'd been thinking about what might be a nice combination for our next blog challenge.  She had some great suggestions and she'd thought carefully about them too.  With some brain storming between us we fine tuned her suggestions and came up with the requirements for our fourth blog challenge.
Here's what you have to follow.  Whatever you make, be it a scrapbook page, papercraft, general craft, card or home decor item, it must only have these colours.  Black, white and ONE other colour of your choice.  It must also have some bling and stitching on it.  So that's not too hard to follow is it?  Only five things to remember.

Here's my interpretation of this challenge:

You'll see I've made my sample as a home decor item.  I used card stock from Basic Grey's Passing Notes Hopscotch Line.  As my black frame was 11x14 I had to add a piece in to make my 12x12 cardstock stretch.  Black cardstock worked well for the background of my stitching piece where I used a silver ribbon (bling) with some black ribbon on top.  I stitched a single line with blue embroidery floss and then wove white floss through it.  Note the crystal bling too on the words and lines.

I'm thinking that this may find a home in my craft room

We were taking a look at our friend Tracey's blog too and came across this lovely example of black, white, one colour, stitching and bling.  (Look closely in the middle of the flower you will see a pearl).   Tracey didn't even know about our challenge!           Click Here for a larger look.

And now it's your turn.  Easy Peasy...only five things to remember.  Black, White, ONE colour of your choice, Bling and Stitching.  Happy Crafting, look forward to seeing what you come up with this time.  Why not step outside your comfort zone and create a scrapbook page if you're a cardmaker or a Home Decor piece even.  It's really only a larger canvas to work on.
Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment