Thursday, August 11, 2011

OOP's I GOOFED!

When I went into the store on Tuesday morning my eyes fell on a most lovely journal!  Hmmmmm I thought, guess I was wrong there, it wasn't a card Lisa had made for the blog challenge but a really punched up journal.  Unfortunately that's the trouble when you're looking at a photo.  No matter how good the photo is, the real thing is even better and that's exactly what happened here.  In hindsight I look at the photo and say to myself, how could you not see that it's a journal!   Look again here at Lisa's journal it's stunning. Then when I looked more closely in real life at her flower card here, I realised not only were the flowers popped on dimensional dots, they were beautifully cupped too. So there you go, my apologies to Lisa for not describing her work better, we've had a few laughs about it since Tuesday.  Have you begun to work on your blog challenge entry?  Last day is Monday at closing on August 14th.

But now it's Thursday and if you weren't at class tonight, then you missed a few laughs there too.  We made three very different cards tonight and ventured into the art of Zentangling.  This is a fancy word for Doodling and you either love it or not.  From my experience, the younger you are the more free you feel to doodle.  That said the youngest in our class tonight was celebrating her 14th birthday today and she loved the Zentangle card, but for us who've been around a while, we find it more difficult to be free with our doodling.  Take a look here on Flickr at the cards we made tonight.  Here's a sneak preview of just one of the cards.

This was perhaps the most popular card tonight.  An easier than you think card made with two Martha Stewart punches.  One was a square anywhere on the page punch and the border punch was the bangle chain punch.  The bottom layer we created with our favourite background stamps made by Impression Obsession.  They transform a plain piece of cardstock to a work of art that was almost a shame to have covered up here. The card was completed with some stamped flowers, a ribbon tie and embossed in the corners with a Cuttlebug folder.

I had hoped to be able to give you the dates and confirmations for the all day Christmas Card Class, but have still not heard back from one venue.  If I hear back tomorrow, I'll write a quick post tomorrow on the blog.

Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment