Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Truly, This Will Be Short and Sweet This Week.

You wonder why?  Well it's because I am enjoying a very few days with my sister Christine as she visits with us from England.  She flies home on Wednesday so every moment is precious right now.
What are we doing you wonder, well we're crafting of course!  Christine is enjoying (I think) working with my lovely distress inks, as she makes the cards that were presented in last week's card class.

What a great class that was.  If we wanted to have a good memory of the card classes we've presented in-store, then the ladies certainly left us with a great memory.  The laughter and camaraderie that was shared around the tables was second to none!

Here are the cards that they created together.





This thistle card we masked off, heat embossed the image and stamped within the mask.  Using a border punch and a narrow strip of cardstock we created a nice ribbon like border. 










The night sky birds was a quick and simple card once again masked off to create a rectangle, then using Ranger Distress inks for the sky.  The bird stamp is actually an outline stamp and we coloured it in to become a silhouette.






The poppy card below was embellished with a frame of scorelines which we created on the Martha Stewart Score Board.




The final card was a special fold that was really simple to do creating a card that stood on the bottom square box like edge.

It's not easy to see in the photo, but the floral piece at the bottom of the card is actually a small box like section.  The focal image is then glued on the top and it all folds flat to fit into a 6 x 6 envelope.  Simple, but different.




I do have a couple of things to share with you despite this being a short blog.  

Wrong time of year in a way, but to celebrate Canada Day, how about knitting this ready for those winter days that will be back.
You can find the pattern here



For those of you that have a Silhouette Cutting Machine, you can pick up a free cut file here to make this bow which can be used as you see for a topper on a pillow box or any style box. Maybe even for an embellishment on a card, you're only limited by your imagination aren't you.





Here's a quick peek at some of the pages that I've been making the past couple of weeks for an album that I will be gifting soon.




These are the pages that the recipient will be able to add photos to. 
You can see the white spaces are where the photos can be added.



There are seven more double page layouts, but I can't show you them as they have photos in them and I don't want to spoil what I hope will be a pleasant surprise. 



And now the words for this week.  Actually this is something that Joanne one of the lovely ladies that come into the store brought in for me.  
I hope it gives you the same smile that it gave me.

I have visited many places, but I have never been in Cahoots.
Apparently you can't go alone.  You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito.  I hear no one recognizes you there,
and the town is made up mostly of A. Nonnie Mouse.

I have, however, been in Sane.  They don't have an airport, 
you have to be driven there.  
I personally have made several trips there, thanks to family, friends, and work.

I would like to go to Conclusions, but to get there you have to jump.
I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I've also been in Doubt.  This is a sad place to go 
and I try not to visit there often.

I have been in Continent, but I don't remember
what country I visited.  It's an age thing.
I just remember it was very wet and damp there.

I've been in Flexible a time or two,
but only when it was important that I stand firm.

As I've gotten older, I find myself in Capable more often.

One of my favorite places to visit is in Suspense!
It really gets my adrenaline flowing and the old heart pumping!!

Yesterday I found myself in Adequate. There are too many mirrors
there for my comfort, which made me fully aware of my short comings.

When I finish up here in a minute, I'm heading over to in Cessant.
I hadn't planned to go there today, but now that I started this,
I know that before I can even catch up, all the people in my head,
are going to be in Clined where there is a huge World Travel Agency.


Until Later.....Happy Crafting,

Lilian



2 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you, Linda and Lillian, as you move on in your lives and hopefully have more time for yourselves and your families. When I lived in Bracebridge, I always appreciated the wonderful service you offered and how supportive you were of my creative endeavours. It's been a couple years since I've been back to Bracebridge but have still been taking your advice and purchased a Silhouette and am glad I did. And ten years ago I thought a Sizzix was a great tool to have. How things change. I am still avidly scrapbooking and card making and look forward to your future blogs. All best wishes, Marlene Oldham, Winnipeg, MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to hear from you Marlene. I clearly remember your last visit here to Bracebridge and how speechless I was as you came into the store that day. Though we never knew who would come through the door, we certainly didn't expect to see you from so far away.
    It was always our pleasure to see and hear of what you were creating. If we were able to encourage you in even the smallest way then that too made us happy.
    In our opinion, you've made a smart choice in purchasing your Silhouette machine. Here's a wonderful blog to perhaps help you to create even more with your machine.
    http://www.silhouetteschool.blogspot.ca
    Melissa shares many tutorials to enable Silhouette owners to work their machines to the very best.
    We'll look forward to hearing from you again Marlene, knowing that miles will never separate friendship in crafters.
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete