Friday, July 8, 2011

Taking Time to Smell the Roses

Well there are lots of entries to put on the blog for the latest challenge, but you know what I did instead?  I took time to stop and smell the roses.
My dear sister-in-law shared a photo with me of her roses,  it made me think of how you should sometimes get off the treadmill and take time out!  That's what I've done the last two nights instead of posting the entries last night I went at quarter to nine with the family for an ice cream cone.......ooohhh aaahhh...it was good.  The ice cream and the fellowship too.  Not to worry I thought, I'll get them posted tonight.
Well there's another saying...the best laid plans of mice and men oft times go astray.  Well they did tonight too, because my dear hubbie said...do you want to go for a walk....so we did.  Picked up two more stragglers on the way who came home for tea and another evening slips by.  Oh and I saw my niece had posted on facebook that the Canadian Mens Eight rowing team had placed third in Lucerne Switzerland, so naturally I had to do a little surfing to find my nephew's photo.  He's the coxwain in the boat and was in the last Olympics helping to bring home a gold for Canada in 2008.  He's hoping for another in 2012 and this is the journey he's on now.
HOWEVER....I digress.  Back to the posting.  It will FOR SURE be done tomorrow at the latest.  In the meantime...let me share the lovely roses with you and hopefully you'll take time to stop and smell them too.

Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment