Monday, March 25, 2013

Did You Hear the Upcoming Temperatures?



Although they continue to predict some snow flurries, they are also saying our temperatures will consistently be on the plus side!  Check it out here

Quite the photo from my sister-in-law of her son's home in England wasn't it! Did you see it in the newsletter?  Unfortunately they don't cope as well with the snow as we do, so all roads were closed around them leaving them stranded.  I meant to ask her if it was "packy" snow for making snowmen, because that could have been fun for my nephew's three girls, but it looked more light and fluffy to me.

We had a great time at the All Day Card Class at the Independent Grocer's on Saturday past.  What a great bunch of ladies we had, so focused on completing their cards yet lots of laughter and fun along the way.

Many of the ladies had traveled some distance to be there and we appreciate their participation.  Everyone went away pleased with their accomplishment and what they had learned, whether is was a new way to tie a bow or how to partial cut with the Spellbinder dies.

I'll be putting the photos of all the cards onto Flickr once the other class is complete on April 6th.  In the meantime, here's another sneak peek of one of the cards made in class.  This card was a great hit because of it's versatility.  It could be used as a Birthday, Sympathy or Wedding card and really fast to make too.


I don't often share four letter words,
 but I have a great one here to share with you.

                           

This was from one of my favourite blogs....Ginger's House.  She's very talented and if you hop on over she has it here as a downloadable file.

Do you like to crochet?

I was looking at a you tube video earlier today and thought I'd share it with you.  It shows a great way of starting your crochet when you want to begin with a circle such as for a blanket/afghan square.  It's sometimes called a magic ring and it allows you to have a circle without that ugly hole in the middle.  Here it is for you to watch.

Crochet * Granny Square "Somalia"

I also found instructions for this lovely crocheted square, and she not only shows you how to make the square, but tells you during the video the stitch instructions.

Hop on over here to watch the video on her website. 
She begins with the magic ring, making it slightly differently to the you tube video I've linked you to.


Here's another great you tube  video for when you are crocheting and have to chain at the end of a row before turning.  A clever way of replacing that chain two making it look like a double crochet!  Check it out here.






Well  I think that's all I have for you this week.  Maybe one more thing.  
I sent this to Rachel (my granddaughter)  great words to live by...and you can
download them here at Ginger's House.

Wouldn't this look great printed out and framed as a daily reminder?



Until Later...Happy Crafting


Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment